Pupil Premium and Recovery Premium


If you believe that you may qualify (see list below) then please apply to the county council for ‘free school meals’ which will then activate the pupil premium payments to the school. It should only take a few minutes to do, and is important to do before the January census which sets the funding start date. You will need to know your NI (or NASS) number.

If you live in East Sussex:

Sign in on their website (the same one you used to register for a school place):

  • If you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset it
  • If you don’t know which email to use, do just try resetting the password to the most likely one(s), or contact the school office for help
  • Check each child who requires meals/pupil premium is listed (wait until Sept if they are starting school in Sept)
  • In the ‘applicant’ section (the parent), press the green button ‘Submit FSM Application’ to apply for free school meals (including pupil premium)
  • You will need to submit your date of birth and either your National Insurance (NI) or National Asylum Support Service (NASS) number
  • Let the school office know you have applied, and they will check it’s all gone through
  • If you don’t live in East Sussex, start from https://www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals to find your local authority’s application system


Please note, this is different to Universal Free School Meals which all EYFS and KS1 children (Reception to Year 2) are entitled to – even if your child already receives free school meals as part of the Universal Free School Meals funding, it is still important that you apply for the Pupil Premium Grant as it means extra funding for the school which helps us in supporting the children.

Your child may be able to access the Pupil Premium Grant funding if you get any of the following:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
  • Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
  • The school census takes place in October so it is important that if you are eligible for funding that you apply as soon as possible so the funding can start. You can also find more information at https://www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals


If your home language is not english, we can apply for additional support for your child through East Sussex’s ‘English as an Additional Language Service (EALS) – please contact the school office to discuss how to meet your child’s needs (we may be able to access direct teaching support by an EAL specialist teacher, or support from a Bilingual Support Officer (BSO) who speaks your child’s home language, and they can also help us communicate with you in your home language). https://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/educationandlearning/schools/culturaldiversity/


You may also wish to check the free school transport criteria at https://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/educationandlearning/schools/transport/free/qualify/


Please do not hesitate to contact the office should you have any further questions or need help making your child’s application.


Danehill CEP School Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2023/24 

Danehill CEP School Pupil Premium report 22-23 plus forecast 23-24  Danehill CEP School Pupil Premium report 21-22 plus forecast 22-23